Yesterday, VMware announced the following new software .
- VMware vSphere 7.0
- VMware Cloud Foundation 4.0
- VMware Tanzu
With the announcement of VMware vSphere 7.0, vSAN 7.0 has also become available.
An overview of new and enhanced functions.
- Simplify Cluster Updates with vSphere Lifecycle Manager
- Native File Services for vSAN
- Deploy More Modern Applications on vSAN with Enhanced Cloud Native Storage
- Integrated DRS awareness of Stretched Cluster configurations
- Immediate repair operation after a vSAN Witness Host is replaced
- Stretched Cluster I/O redirect based on an imbalance of capacity across sites
- Accurate VM level space reporting across vCenter UI for vSAN powered VMs
- Improved Memory reporting for ongoing optimization
- Visibility of vSphere Replication objects in vSAN capacity views
- Support for larger capacity devices
- Native support for planned and unplanned maintenance with NVMe hotplug
- Removal of Eager Zero Thick (EZT) requirement for shared disk in vSAN
The complete information can be found here:
What’s new in vSAN 7.0